NGO Mondo distributes food packs and medicines to people living in or near the conflict zone in Eastern Ukraine, provides medical care to local hospitals and supports the launching of several legal advice hotlines for internally displaced persons.
Donations are tax deductible and can be taken in to account by Estonian Tax Board when calculating income tax return.
Account holder: MTÜ Mondo
SWIFT/BIC code: EEUHEE2X
Bank address: AS SEB Pank, Tornimäe 2, Tallinn, Estonia
Who has donated?
- 22 784 euros have been donated by the residents and businesses of Estonia to support internally displaced persons in Ukraine. 11 858 euros from this amount were gathered during a charity auction, where artist Jarõna Ilo sold 63 of her coal drawings.
- 60 000 euros were provided by Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. NGO Mondo thanks everyone who made a donation and supported this project!
What has been done with donated money?
Today, we have used a total of 38,761 euros from the donated money:
- We distributed a total of 2,250 food packs in 26 settlements in Eastern Ukraine. One food pack is sufficient for two weeks for one adult person. Each pack contains a basic food selection and it costs around 7-10 euros. Final price depends on the rate of the hryvnia and the purchase price.
- We have supported 7 local hospitals with medicines and medical equipment.
- We gather donations to launch legal advice hotlines for IDPs.
Whom do we help?
It is believed that there are around 2 million people living in the most dangerous conflict zones of Donetsk and Luhansk. This includes permanent residents who have been unable or unwilling to seek asylum elswhere, as well as those who have already returned to their homes. In addition to them, internally displaced persons live in various temporary habitats, e.g. at relatives homes and abandoned houses. On Google map below, spots of food pack distribution are marked with yellow, and supported hospitals are marked with red. By clicking on spots you can access additional information and reports. All food packs and medicines are local and purchased in Ukraine. We distribute food packs in cooperation with our partner organization Vostok SOS. More information about aid distribution can be found on the Facebook site and photos on Flickr.
The main partner of NGO Mondo in eastern Ukraine is a well-known organization Vostok-SOS, which helps to deliver humanitarian assistance to the conflict zone. The head office of this organization is located in Kiev, soon, the new branch will start to work also in Severodonetsk, where we help to launch a legal advice hotline for internally displaced persons. Check their site and see what has been done already by Vostok-SOS, also pictures of their activities on Facebook.
NGO Mondo is an independent Estonian NGO that provides humanitarian assistance since 2007. 95% of the funds gathered in Estonia will be sent directly to crisis regions. 5% of the donations will be used for the campaign and for monitoring the Estonian humanitarian aid activities in Ukraine. More information about our humanitarian assistance can be found at: http://mondo.org.ee/humanitaarabi/
NGO Mondo is listed among the tax credit organizations of the Estonian government. Donations made both by legal entities and persons can be deducted from the income tax. All donations are subject to the rights and limitations of the Estonian Income Tax Act.