Since 2014, the Ukrainian Cultural Center has supported internally displaced persons in Ukraine and people affected close to the front line. People who need medical help especially in connection with recurrent operations and rehabilitation. In recent years, the organization has supported schools and childcare facilities, such as repairs, computer classes, and the distribution of masks and disinfectants. The work of the Ukrainian Cultural Center in Ukraine has been supported by the Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and private donors.
The Ukrainian Cultural Center collects donations for people living close to the front line:
- Needs-based support of children's institutions, including the installation of energy-efficient lighting
- For purchasing and distributing deso tools and masks
Account holder: MTÜ Ukraina Kultuurikeskus
SWIFT/BIC code: EEUHEE2X
Bank address: AS SEB Pank, Tornimäe 2, Tallinn, Estonia
The Ukrainian Cultural Center was founded in 2002. The organization is open to people of different religions and nationalities and was established to promote Ukrainian culture in Estonia. A place where local Ukrainians can preserve their language, culture and traditions, while other nations know more about Ukraine. The local cooperation partners have always been the Estonian Embassy in Kiev, the Ivano Frankivsk City Hospital, the Ukrainian International Aid Coordination Center for the Wounded and the Ukrainian Peace Foundation.
Some examples of the activities of the Ukrainian Cultural Center in Ukraine in recent years:
- Providing repetitive surgeries, prostheses, etc. to those in need
- Financial assistance to families of people killed or severely disabled
- The Ukrainian Cultural Center has previously organized a support campaign for the victims of the Maidan riots: www.supportukraine.ee. More than 11,500 euros were raised during the campaign.